Senior Account Executive
At Traction Factory, we do business with a different twist. We focus intently on bringing momentum to our clients to help move their business forward. Our efforts are the result of immersing ourselves in every facet of our clients’ business, serving as a business development partner – not just a typical marketing agency. We believe it is the combination of carefully crafted strategy and thoughtfully developed creative that leads to award-winning work with undeniable results.
We’re looking for an energetic thinker to join our account team and bring thoughtful strategy, strong project management, and the ability to routinely juggle unexpected challenges. We’re searching for the type-A personality who is obsessed with organization and details, and possesses a strong desire to meet and exceed both client and peer expectations. The candidate should bring positive energy, drive, and daily enthusiasm to help lead projects both externally with clients and internally while partnering with the creative team. A successful candidate will bring awesomeness to every project, large or small. The Sr. Account Executive will be comfortable working on a wide variety of project work including print, radio and broadcast, digital and social campaigns, large-scale trade show and mobile execution and other integrated sales and marketing initiatives. Experience with manufacturing-based clients is preferred.
Your responsibilities will include immersing yourself in client brands and working to develop strategic solutions for brand development and activation, ad campaigns, product launches, web initiatives and sales team support materials. You will recognize quality creative that achieves client objectives and reflects the client’s brand. You will be responsible for writing and presenting creative strategy and research to the internal team, as well as the client, and will be held accountable for project outcomes. You must be able to lead and delegate efficiently, effectively manage workloads, and thrive in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects. You must be skilled in managing sensitive client interactions, while confidently and professionally representing the agency.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Strong desire to go the extra mile to keep clients happy and exceed expectations, representing the agency at all times. Develop lasting relationships with clients and outside agency partners
- Become the agency expert on clients’ brand, industry, competitive market, target audiences, and environmental trends that impact business
- Turn client input and assignments into a strategic creative direction. Write thoughtful creative strategy, establish strong objectives, define success/KPIs and report outcomes
- Demonstrate advanced written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, confident presentation style and ability to defend strategy and creative concepts with senior-level clients
- Work with creative team(s) to identify strong work that reflects the strategy, achieves communication objectives, and is consistent and representative of client(s) brand
- Wear multiple hats, be hands-on with numerous projects and provide clear direction to others
- Coordinate and manage photo and video shoots, manage multiple vendor partners, coordinate talent and record talent releases, and prepare prop/wardrobe details
- Strong planning and project management skills with ability to work with traffic coordinator and creative director(s) to identify staffing needs and management of upcoming workflow
- Understand workflow for print and digital projects with ability to communicate efficiently with print production manager and digital project manager
- Develop and manage budgets, reconcile billing reports, and guide projects from start to finish within client’s financial expectations
- Work collaboratively with the account team, creative director, copywriters, art directors/designers and production team and maintain a full understanding of status for all assigned projects at all times
- Contribute to organic growth and development of untapped business opportunities within assigned clients
- Keep director of accounts and agency president well informed and up-to-date with account activity, budget forecasts, client relationship status, and growth opportunities
The Ideal Candidate is:
- 5+ years of experience in an account executive role in an agency environment required
- Strategic-minded with proactive tendencies. Able to anticipate and react under pressure with poise and clear thought
- Able to work independently, self-motivate, stay on task, and manage individual and team deadlines
- A constant learner with desire to stay current with trends and new technology impacting the communications industry
- Versed in printing processes and proofing specifications with the ability to work efficiently with print manger and traffic coordinator on estimates and planning
- Experienced in manufacturing-based industries with exposure to multi-channel distribution
- Experienced in execution of large-scale trade shows and experiential design
- Proficient in digital and social media concepts and workflow planning
- Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or advertising required
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, life, dental, vision, short & long-term disability insurance, 401k plan, wellness initiatives, professional development, parking and more.
Send resume, portfolio link and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your e-mail, be sure to include “Senior Account Executive”.