The Production Designer is responsible for the creation of monthly consumer materials including sales flyers, retail merchandising, collateral, and related signage for North American distribution in multiple languages. In addition to owning the monthly layout of sales materials, the Production Designer will manage the preparation of final print materials for release and follow through the final digital proofing process. This role will serve as the primary contact with print partners and all database management resources.
Skills and Duties:
- Responsible for routine creation of layouts, placement of photography and copy utilizing style sheets and Marketers Studio asset management software.
- Responsible for preparation of and review of file specifications prior to release and ensure adherence to standards of both the company and its vendors. Preflight, collect and distribute artwork for all projects.
- Responsible for working with account team to ensure all rounds of client changes are completed with accuracy, meeting milestone deadlines.
- Coordinate materials for translation and work with translator to ensure all materials have been reviewed for proper formatting once translated copy is in place.
- Work with account team and art director to coordinate necessary photoshoots, interviews, and creation of any necessary custom artwork for a particular issue.
- Possess a creative eye with production expertise and ability to design within an established framework.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to proofread content and layout for design consistency.
- Maintain relationship and process with clients and outside vendor partners for all database asset management needs and assists with managing necessary licenses and credentials.
- Discuss outside production elements required for jobs with various vendors in conjunction with traffic manager and account team.
- Alert responsible account team lead of production delays that may affect deadlines.
- Responsible for quality control of all jobs that go to finished art; proofs/reviews with print vendor along with responsible account team.
- Maintains current computer software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
- Expertise in working within Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.), and Marketers Studio. Microsoft PowerPoint design skills are a plus.
- Ability to work directly with print and production partners to ensure proper specifications for printed materials, proofing process, and to maintain technical parameters ensuring proper release of all digital files.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects of varying complexity while working under tight deadlines.
- Possess strong skills in asset management including maintaining server and keeping record of assets utilized in monthly sales publications.
- Ability to work with clients directly — reviewing edits, requesting missing information, scheduling photoshoots.
The Ideal Candidate is:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, with a broad knowledge of printing techniques and requirements, digital pre-press, and typography/font management. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience designing for a publication and working within database management software.
- An extremely efficient organizer and scheduler with the ability to consistently produce quality workmanship on multiple concurrent projects while meeting fast-paced deadlines.
- Ability to work fluently in current office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to manage agency’s access and usage of client database. Experience with Marketer’s Studio or similar database management software is preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, etcetera).
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration and inspire confidence with peers, colleagues, and partners; build relationships across disciplines, both internal partners and external vendor partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving, communication and critical thinking skills
Send resume, portfolio link and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your e-mail, be sure to include “Production Designer” Or mail to: Traction Factory, 247 S. Water Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204.